Invisalign - Clear Braces
Braces used to be the only way to straighten teeth. Now we can straighten teeth without using the traditional braces of brackets and wires!
What is invisalign?
- a patented system using a series of clear, removable aligners to gradually reposition teeth.
Why choose invisalign?
- more visually appealing than braces
- easy to clean your teeth after eating
- smooth and comfortable - doesn't irritate gums, cheeks or tongue
- eliminates allergic reactions to metal
How does it work?
- impressions, photographs and x-rays of your teeth are taken and sent with a treatment plan to the lab.
- the lab creates the aligners- a set of precisely customized clear molds.
- each aligner is worn for about two weeks- removing them only to eat, drink , brush and floss.
- about every two weeks you will replace the aligner with the next one in the series. Your teeth will move, a little at a time, until they are straightened to the desired position.
- it typically takes nine to 15 months to complete treatment. The time it takes to complete treatment will vary according to your specific circumstances.